This week was a very interesting one. I finally got to remove my feeder branches on my thread grafts. I will be showing you a few photos of how I removed the feeder branches. I also shortened the tree and applied a sealer to the big cuts I made on the trees trunk.
Here is a link to the previous blog I posted on the thread grafts I did on this tree. In the link you will see how I prepare the tree for this process.
*In this blog I will be using the term “feeder branch” a lot. So for this purpose I just though I would describe what I mean with “feeder branch”. This would be the branch that supplies the grafted branch with the needed nutrients and sap to survive while bonding to the bark of the tree…
View original post 796 more words