I posted on my local Facebook gardening group asking if anyone had trees or bushes they’d want dug up. I got lucky and someone asked me to come grab a pomegranate for them. It had just leafed out for the Spring and I was able to grab it just before too much had sprung out.
This guy was pretty neglected and had a super shallow root ball which translates greatly for what I’ll be using it for.
I cleaned up the root ball a bit and showered it down to get the previous soil out.
Once I got it home I was able to ditch the pruning saw to shorten the tap root and go straight to the electric version, which is…..much quicker to say the least.
Updates to come in Summer and Winter when I split this bush into several different trees.