This crape myrtle has been in the ground for about a year and a half. I was hoping to thicken the trunk below the junction of the two main trunks. I got several “suckers” below it, so I’m hoping to see a significant thickening there.
When working through the roots I make sure to frequently wet the roots. This is to counter the sun and light wind that is happening while I’m performing this repot. I definitely don’t want the roots to dry out and damage the tree.
I found a significant amount of roots above where I remember the base being, so I continue to chopstick down until I can see the flaring of the original base.
I had to clean my space every now and then to clear out unwanted roots and dirt.
I finally reached a section where two main roots were emerging from the trunk.
View original post 292 more words