Discovering my true roots… a tragic tale of two plants in one container

Bonsaiwithromano

The weekend I spent a hour untangling the lily’s roots from my Podocarpus latifolius (Geelhout). It was a bit more difficult than I expected as the roots where so infused with each other you could barely separate the lily’s roots from the trees roots. I have put this off for far to long so I just had to jump in and do it.

IMG_5263.jpg

This was the first step after I removed the tree from the bag. It did not look like there is much roots in the bag. At this point I started to doubt the decision to separate the two plants from each other. As you can see the lily took up most of the space in the bag.
IMG_5264.jpg
Before touching the tree any further I prepped my growing container and soil. I used the same soil mix that I always use for potting bonsai trees. I use a…

View original post 495 more words

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.