19 WaderTales blogs were published in 2017, celebrating waders and wader research. Many of the articles are based on newly published papers, with the aim of making wader science available to a broader audience. Click on a link in bold to read an individual blog.
Wader/Shorebird science and conservation
- Which wader, when and why? summarises the annual migration patterns of over 40 species of wader that visit Britain and Ireland.
- The not-so-Grey Plover focuses on the moult of the Grey Plover but the principles are relevant to determining the ages of birds of other species.
- Why are we losing our large waders? takes a look at a review of the common threats faced by the 13 Numeniini species (godwits, curlews and Upland Sandpiper).
- Interpreting changing wader counts looks at the links between local and national wader counts, with consequences for site-based species protection.
- Wader declines in the shrinking Yellow Sea discusses…
View original post 411 more words