Shimpaku Styling 4

Nebari Bonsai

Trouble!
This shot from 12/14 shows a happy, full and healthy tree.

IMG_5169
In March 2015, I made a decision to rotate everything, by swapping the pines (which faced East in front of the fence) and the junipers (which faced West out in the open). The fence created a very nice, calm environment in which spider mites flourished, quickly, and out of my sight. I was actually planning to repot the tree, and when I moved it, and got a look at the back, here was what I saw:

IMG_5157
More trouble! I looked at the amount of Malathion to add to a 1-gallon sprayer, dumped that amount into my 1.5 quart sprayer (oops) and began to nuke the critters…along with 75% of the already-compromised foliage.

IMG_5156

IMG_5151
So, when I realized the error, and the damage was done, it was time to prune back to what was left. Tough day.

IMG_5146

IMG_5149
Fortunately, it lived…

View original post 261 more words

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.