This shot from 12/14 shows a happy, full and healthy tree.
In March 2015, I made a decision to rotate everything, by swapping the pines (which faced East in front of the fence) and the junipers (which faced West out in the open). The fence created a very nice, calm environment in which spider mites flourished, quickly, and out of my sight. I was actually planning to repot the tree, and when I moved it, and got a look at the back, here was what I saw:
More trouble! I looked at the amount of Malathion to add to a 1-gallon sprayer, dumped that amount into my 1.5 quart sprayer (oops) and began to nuke the critters…along with 75% of the already-compromised foliage.
View original post 261 more words