I have re-potted two of my oak trees last week. Simple because they were in bad quality mix , and I have had to check the roots.
First one collected from wild in 2013
off the pot
after cleaning as you can see there is nice roots stock at the very bottom of the trunk, so I decided to remove those roots at the right side at the old soil level.
as en experiment to improve roots stock I decided to fix tile at the bottom of the trunk so the tree is siting on this tile with sphagnum moss bedding .
and the whole installation is buried int bigger pot with my usual mix 1/1 CL/gravel.
I have adjusted the angle too .
Second one has been collected in 2013 too.And potted into bad mix so I decided to re-potted it too.
View original post 76 more words